Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Honey Cowl!

I have officially finished my first knitting project! It is the Honey Cowl...which is a free pattern on the Madelinetosh website. I used the Madelintosh DK yarn in Citrus. It was an extremely easy pattern to follow for a newbie. I did need to watch a few youtube vids about casting on and off and a slip stitch....and it took me three weeks to finish! maybe my next project will be faster! Here are a few pics of it in process and finished. I followed the pattern to the T, but my cowl is a lot more tight than the one pictured on the pattern. I wonder what I did wrong....or if the chick's neck is smaller than mine...ha!

And yes, bacon is good for me.

1 comment:

  1. yippeeee...so excited that you finished. It took me about 3 weeks to finish mine and I have been knitting since I was a wee little girl.

    As for the one in the pattern being bigger, it may have been blocked (things usually grow during this process)...and is why yours seems smaller. Or you are just a tight knitter, like me, and the girl who knit the demo is a loose knitter. Either way, if you want yours to be a bit bigger you can block it. I will email you a good link on how to do that.